Sunday 3 August 2014

Homemade Laundry Powder.

I've been meaning to get this down for what seems like an age, I'm already on my second batch and it lasts a loooong time.
I've seen lots of posts of people making their own washing powder so I decided to make my own, I was a bit dubious as to how well it would clean especially on a quick wash as that's my go to cycle I was worried the soap wouldn't dissolve but it did! The clothes came out as clean as they would with shop bought power so I was really impressed. I used some left over Karma soap from LUSH but I've since used other soap and it's worked just as well.



What you need:
Oxy powder 50p per 500g
Soda Crystals 50p per 500g
1-2 Bars of Soap (depending on how perfumed you like it) 50p+ (depending on what soap you buy)
Grater

Total cost: £1.50

Measure 500g each of Oxy and Soda Crystals into a large tub and grate your soap into it.
Mix together and use 2 scoops per wash.

It's really that easy. I've used the lager sized grater and it's worked just as well, the oxy and the soada crystals are 1kg each so enough for 2 batches, each batch have lasted me just over a month which is pretty good going.


Give it a go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment