Sunday 16 March 2014

I'm Sorry It's Been A While.

At the beginning of the year, my dad suffered a heart attack, we are very lucky that he is still with us but the heart attack has been very difficult for us as a family to deal with. My dad recovered pretty quickly but he was left unable to drive or work for at least a month. My parents live in a little village that hasn't got great connections, so I spent a lot of time helping out or keeping my dad company whilst my mum was at work, although it meant I had very little time to myself what with that, having to take Mr Badger to and from work and the chores of everyday life with a toddler in tow it was nice to spend some quality time with my dad.

Shortly after my dad returned to work I started feeling a bit run down and extremely tired, I put it down to having a cold coming but the cold never came. On the whole I rarely get ill, but there has been regular times in my life where this has happened. I was suffering from a Hidradenitis suppurativa flare up which can happen when I'm run down and just so happened to be looking into foods that could cause a reaction with auto immune diseases when I came across a girl who had managed to put her auto immune diesease into remission. She has Lupus an auto immune diesease that I wasn't at all familiar with, interested in how she put it into remision with diet I started to read, it was like a light switch turned on, as I was reading I was ticking off these symptoms that I'd been having on and off for years, things like the tiredness but also joint pain, migraines, but most importantly, the butterfly rash across my face. I've been to my previous Dr several times with these symptoms and every one has insisted I was tested for diabetes, every time the test came back negative. This time my current doctor was a lot more helpful, I explained how I had come across it and he was more than happy to order the tests. It's been a couple of weeks since then, my first round of tests showed that I am severely deficient in vitamin D which can, in itself cause fatigue, another part of the test showed that  my ANA also came back positive and the way they are stained indicates Lupus but I have to have some further tests to confirm it. Part of me hopes for a diagnosis, just so I can tackle this head on, but we shall see.

Anyway, this is why I've been AWOL, but you'll be pleased to know I'm back and bloggier than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment