Monday 20 January 2014

Five Day Frugality!

How many times do you find yourself nipping to the shop for a bottle of milk and coming home £10 lighter?
Well for me it's regularly, I'm really really terrible for impulse buying, especially when it comes to food, then I get home look in my shopping and think "Why on earth did I buy that? Crap, I forgot the thing I actually needed!" It absolutely burns money, I have never sat down and added up actual figures from receipts but I estimate that I can easily spend £25 a week on "milk". It's ridiculous seeing as I make a weekly meal plan and budget, but it seems I forget that just because I've bought what I've budgeted for doesn't mean everything else doesn't completely blow the budget.

So today I'm challenging myself over the next five days to spend no money whatsoever. There is of course exceptions for direct debits, or absolute essentials like petrol, nappies and milk (JUST MILK!) but ultimately my aim is to just not buy anything. Nothing from the shop, nothing online, nada!

Wish me luck, I think I may need it.

1 comment: