Saturday 28 December 2013

Christmas Was LUSH.

Recently, I have discovered patchouli oil, it sounds silly but the smell of patchouli makes me feel so incredibly happy, there is just something about this smell that just makes me feel warm and relaxed, every time I have felt stressed I've lit my oil burner and let my worries melt away, so for Christmas I asked Mr Badger for some special smellies so off he went to LUSH and oh boy was I spoilt!


LORD OF MISRULE
A mixture of black pepper oil and patchouli, it's earthy, warming and relaxing, it wasn't as strong in the bath as I thought it would be so don't be put off, it fizzed up and danced around the bath leaving swirls of green and red foam leaving the water a rich wine colour, it also had popping candy in which was a surprise.This bath bomb was absolutely beautiful, it smells divine.
I really can't recommend this bomb enough, I hadn't used LUSH for years but this has made me fall in love with their products all over again.





KARMA KOMBA
This solid shampoo bar is just wonderful, I've used solid shampoo before and loved it, so was really looking forward to trying this.
It smells of patchouli and sweet orange oil, it lathers really really well and leaves your hair feeling clean and smelling lovely all day, the price may put some people off but a little goes a long way, I've used it twice now and it doesn't look like I've used it at all, I imagine it will last longer than a normal bottle of shampoo.


KARMA
Now this is the star of the show.
A few weeks ago I complimented my mother in law on her perfume, it was Karma, so I hinted quite heavily to Mr Badger that this was the kind of perfume I was looking for.
When I opened it on Christmas day I was really quite disappointed, don't get me wrong smelt lovely, but it didn't smell like it had done the first time I had smelt it.
I put some on regardless and after a while the smell changed, as it warmed on my skin that spicy, warming scent of patchouli that I love, began to develop, I no longer felt disappointed.
This scent is just so lovely, it changes from a sweet orangey smell to that deep spiciness and lasts all day, I'm really impressed at the longevity of the fragrance there's no need to keep topping up and there isn't that harsh smell of perfume that you can sometimes get, just a nice subtle fragrance that progressively gets better throughout the day.



If you have never visited LUSH let me tell you a little bit about them, all of their packaging is 100% recycled and if you take back 5 clean bottles/pots they will give you a free face mask, how cool is that! They actively fight animal testing, ingredients are ethically sourced, everything is vegetarian or vegan and they also help lots of charities. So what's not to love? It's great for gifts or even just for a treat for yourself, head over to their website and have a look, I promise, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment